Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday, Monday

Well, friends, it's been a busy week. Rehearsals for "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" are in full swing. Also, I've managed to do fairly well on my goals so far! (I know, I know. It's early yet, but I take my victories as they come.) I've also been playing a bit with my new camera. The snow storm has provided some pretty photo ops.

I did indeed break out the Wii Fit. I even bought supplemental games in the form of Wii Fit Plus, and The Biggest Loser. Let me tell you, Bob Harper as an avatar is just as tough as he is on the show. For reals. I had only one latte this week, and have been eating leaner meats and more veggies. All in all, I've already lost a bit of weight. Yay!

I will be playing Sally Brown in late February, and part of the role require me to jump rope. Successfully. I have decided to add this to my workout regimen, thereby incorporating two needs into one activity. Work smarter, not harder, I always say. Oh, wait. I suppose I should be doing both at this point.

I finally had a night out with the girls in the form of my pal Lindsay's birthday. It was actually during this dinner celebration that I learned of the Biggest Loser Wii game from Megan, who has made goals similar to mine. I also got to spend some quality time with my Ole Olsen friends after our music rehearsal on Sunday. I thank God daily that he has brought such a bounty of excellent people into my life!

By far the coolest part of my week, though, was getting to attend the naturalization ceremony for my sister-in-law, Tatiana. She is now officially an American citizen, and our whole family was there to watch the ceremony. We were especially tickled that a friend of our family's, Calvin Dong, happened to be going through the ceremony on the same day! We were happy to embarrass him with the same amount of photos and catcalls that we bestowed on Tatiana.

In closing, I would just like to thank George Foreman for creating his grill, and the nameless person at the Herb Festival that created the Thai seasoning blend that has added very literal spice to my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Wabash, IN, United States
Moved back to the Midwest after a brief foray to the Big Apple. Working at a museum and currently loving life. I'll let you know if that changes.