Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Another Closing, Another Show






Last Saturday was our fourth and final performance of Night and Day: A Soapy Cole. Legendary lyricist Cole Porter was born in Peru, a small town located west of my home. For the last 4 years, they have done a revue featuring his music, and I've been involved for the last 3 of those 4 shows. Each year has a theme. Year one: A Cole (wedding) Reception. Year two: A Cup o' Cole (a morning show). This year was a soap opera theme. In the first picture, I'm with my on-stage fiance (first act) and husband (second act) in the show, Dr. Jim Stone (aka Jeff Carnagua). In the second, I'm with Australian P.I. Krikey Dingo. I played Flora Gardener. Yep. It was that kind of show. Loads of fun, though. And it had 34 Cole Porter songs in it, not including the lyrics thrown into the dialogue.

I actually was supposed to be drugged/drunk the entire first act, so that was a big stretch. Tee hee. I did some research on the weekends leading up to the show. I'm totally method. My favorite song this year was called The Tale of the Oyster, which I had never heard before. I sang this song in the second act, so my character was sober. I think it'd make more sense if you were drunk, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Wabash, IN, United States
Moved back to the Midwest after a brief foray to the Big Apple. Working at a museum and currently loving life. I'll let you know if that changes.