Monday, June 30, 2008

All I Want is Loving You and Music, Music, Music!


Yesterday was an enjoyable day, but long. I had praise team brush-up at 8:00, then, of course, praise team & church at 10:45. From there, I drove to Marion to meet up with my brother and his wife, and mutual friends of ours, Travis & Amy Vanest. They're only in the country for a few months, and only in the Wabash area for a few days, then they're on their way back to Albania.

I left their company with a belly full of ribs and wings, and 45 minutes to get back to Wabash to the Dr. Ford Home for a string quartet performance. The music was beautiful, even if the ground was sloshy from the uncooperative weather (RAIN!).

I left the Ford home with sunburn isolated on the left side of my body and 10 minutes to pick up some burn cream and head to Charley Creek Gardens to hear an electric violinist and her band. The music was catchy, even if there was no dance floor to let the cha-cha out. I then continued to the Gardens building to hear a lecture about Music & the Community and a dinner following. It was the culmination of the first annual Charley Creek Music Festival (in coordination with the Paradise Spring Arts Festival). The day was just lovely, and it ended at 9:30-ish when I finally arrived home.

At work today in preparation for my 4-day weekend for the 4th of July, and anxiously awaiting baby news from my cousin Julia, who is a few days past her due date for Wren Alice Stotlar.

Planning to see Footloose at the Wagon Wheel this weekend, with my Kira friend playing Vi, the preacher's wife. Anyone want to go with?

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Wabash, IN, United States
Moved back to the Midwest after a brief foray to the Big Apple. Working at a museum and currently loving life. I'll let you know if that changes.