Thursday, March 12, 2009

Oh Paula. . .



Ok, so I'm inconsistent with the blogging, clearly. However, there is something to be said for being so busy doing things that you don't have time to write about them. A word about Paula Deen: For Christmas, mom got me a Paula Deen day planner. I keep her in my purse at all times, and have begun to feel slightly lost without her. I consult her often. "Paula," I say, "what is on the agenda for today?" And like as not, she'll have something planned for me!

The last three months have flown by, and each month has more activity! I've had sushi nights, movie nights, knitting nights, game nights, and general carousing nights. I've listened to numerous bands play, seen two comedians perform, sang countless Karaoke songs, gone to art shows, attended YPN mixers, seen live theatre performances, made Valentine's, heard art lectures, networked with musicians and actors, gone sledding, danced for 6 full hours straight to a mixture of 80's music, Dave Matthews and Jack Johnson, heard a FLUTE BEATBOXER(!!!!), babysat for my nephew and tried to babysit for my niece (stranger anxiety issues right now. . .sigh), and this is not even counting work activity, church commitments, or family time!

We are in the middle of a Lincoln exhibit at the Wabash County Historical Museum (my place of work), and it has kept me busy! Aside from drafting the audio tour and schmoozing at the opening night party (see photo of me and Abe!), I've been giving tours and freaking out as children's hands get a liiiiiittle too close to the paintings in the exhibit. I'm loving it, though, and learning so much about A. Lincoln!

My favorite Lincoln quote: (on being called two-faced) If I were two faced, would I be wearing this one?

Brilliant, right?

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is: I'm super busy!

So, thank you, Paula, for keeping my small-town life so busy I have no time to think about the fact that I'm 28, single, and still living with my parents!

Now. . .to schedule time for Eye on Wabash with Candie and Emily: The Podcast, coming soon to an ipod near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Wabash, IN, United States
Moved back to the Midwest after a brief foray to the Big Apple. Working at a museum and currently loving life. I'll let you know if that changes.